On Wednesday, Nov. 28 the Kiwanis Club of Randolph hosted a presentation by Randolph Resident Dan Stringham, who earlier this year completed a 5-week expedition to reach the summit of Mt. Everest in Nepal.
“Last May – after several months of training and conditioning – Dan Stringham and three companions survived one of the most dangerous and physically demanding challenges known to mankind: reaching the summit of Mt. Everest, where approximately 300 people have perished in pursuit of that goal.”
Dan’s presentation featured photographs from his expedition, he shared:
- What motivated him to undertake this challenge
- The extensive preparations required to make this climb safely
- The physical and mental challenges he faced
- The climb’s “36-hour day” that’s necessary to reach the summit
- What it feels like to touch the top of the world
- The important life lessons he’s learned from the experience
It was a compelling and inspirational talk - thank you Dan for presenting to the Randolph Kiwanis and friends!